Biscardo-Enigma Appassimento Sangiovese Rubicone 2019

Biscardo-Enigma Appassimento Sangiovese Rubicone 2019







From Biscardo comes a heavy set bottle full of crimson dark fruit syrup that will kick you straight in the chops. Bold, smooth and silky, the Enigma Apassimento Sangiovese Rubicone 2019 is full of complexity. A powerful nose leads to a cascade of dark fruits and oak on the palate before fading to dried fruit notes of raisin, coffee and smoke on the dry aftertaste.


My discovery of this wine came from my search for a to pick up a tried and tasted favourite of mine from @cambridge_wine , the Canace 2019 (which I still hold as my no.1 Italian Red) when I was recommended this as something in a similar vein; Italian blood red punch round the mouth wine was my mission and the Enigma, my chosen collaborator. This wine blows other competitors in the same space completely out of the water for value at £20.

Pair with Lamb,Deer or Venison, anything big and bold really. Perhaps not one to open with the cheese, this wine will blow your garden brie straight out the water. If you’re looking for a full bodied Italian red heavy on dark fruit notes, at ABV15 for approximately £20 you cannot, and I defy you to, complain. With 140 years of experience the Biscado family have delivered an absolutely timeless quality of wine that the Enigma is no stranger to.


Comments

Popular Posts